12.02.2008

Big News

Levatino Baby #2 is now underway!

We discovered I am pregnant again about 2 weeks ago. We had a doctor's visit to confirm and told our families on Thanksgiving by dressing Lexi in a shirt that said Big Sister on it.

Although Baby #2 was not a surprise (I was off birth control), Elian and I were not intentional about getting pregnant this quickly. They say it takes 3 months for the pill to get out of your system. So we were thinking January. Apparently, God was thinking October because we got pregnant after 15 days!

We are all excited and nervous about what life with two small children will look like. Lexi will be 2 years and 2.5 months old when Baby #2 gets here around July 16th.

My mind is spinning a To Do List:
- clean out and paint guest room
- buy new furniture for Baby #2
- potty train Lexi
- move Lexi to a twin bed
- get maternity clothes back
- buy more maternity clothes
- register
- go to a gazillion prenatal appointments
- get all baby stuff (swing, bouncy seat, clothes, bottles, etc.) out of storage
- clean all baby stuff
- don't let loving on Lexi or Elian fall to the bottom of this list (Doh!)

I have plenty of time - I am barely 8 weeks along. And most of this stuff can't be done until March, when we find out the sex. Of course, Elian wants a boy. He is already praying prayers like, "God, please make our baby grow a penis." I follow those prayers with, "Unless our baby is a girl - we don't want a hermaphrodite." I really think I have no preference on the gender. I'd love for Lexi to have a little sister she can grow with and be the best of friends with when they are adults. But I'd also love for Elian to have a son he can have male bonding with.

When I was pregnant with Lexi, I was sick for the first 5 months. Just a general nausea that never really went away. I probably vomited 3 or 4 times each week. It sucked. With this pregnancy, I am having hot flashes at night. Weird. I've had just a touch of nausea most mornings, but it has been a walk in the park. Until today. Today I have been nauseous for about 5 hrs, and eating isn't helping. Hmm. As bad as I might feel physically, though, the worst part is having to park Lexi in front of the TV while I lay on the couch. She loves TV, but hours on end isn't good for her. We need to be playing and running around outside, and reading books, and going places. I guess this is just the beginning of a mother of two's guilt that she can't give her best to both children at the same time, all the time.

Either way, I am excited.

3 comments:

Mrs. McGoo said...

CONGRATS!!! As I've already expressed, we're so excited for you! :)

Mrs. McGoo said...

http://www.dooce.com/daily-photo/2008/12/02/momentary-bliss

Mr. McGoo said...

I wonder if I pray at the EXACT same time as Elian for a boy that God will think that's cool and decide to award you a boy.

Elian needs some male companionship to fart and burp with.

Come on PENIS!!