11.28.2008

Ouch

Yesterday morning we had an "incident" at my house. All three of us were on the bed playing. I was laying on my back, and Lexi was halfway standing up, holding on to the wall. She's particularly skiddish around Elian in the morning. He didn't do anything to provoke her, but she decided she needed to retreat to me, just in case. She dove for me with all her might. Her forehead cracked me on the bridge of my nose HARD!

I ran to the bathroom before the floodgates opened. I've been bonked in the nose before, but never this hard. Dark red blood poured out of both nostrils into the sink. I grabbed some tissues, not really knowing what to do - lean forward? lean backward? pinch it?

Meanwhile, Lexi broke out in hysterical cries. At first I was worried she was hurt too, but we quickly discovered she was just spooked by the situation. She wanted me to hold and comfort her, but I was a little busy.

I called my dad for first aid advice because he has broken his nose countless times. He didn't think going to the ER would help, so I just waited things out. The bleeding finally stopped, and I put a bag of frozen corn on my face. There wasn't a whole lot of swelling, and Lexi hit me straight on, so my nose didn't look broken. I had an insufferable headache and was a little dizzy/nauseous.

I took Tylenol the rest of the day, but it didn't seem to help. I am waiting to see if I get some black eyes out of this ordeal. If I do, then maybe I'll go to the doctor...

1 comment:

Mrs. McGoo said...

I know the pain you're going through, I'm sorry. keep me posted on the outcome. I didn't go black and blue until post surgery, I think, since mine "caved" in. Hope you get to feeling better soon.