11.12.2010

Strange

There are a few folks in my life that I am inexplicably drawn to despite not having a lot in common with them, not spending a lot of time with them, and not knowing them all that well.  People I cross paths with on occasion and think to myself, "I really like them.  I am ALWAYS glad to see them."  There is a fondness in my heart towards them, and it's been there since the first day I met them.  We may never be regularly involved with one another, yet somehow they impact my heart greatly.  Just thinking of them makes me appreciate that we are in some small way connected.  My life is better for knowing them even though I don't know them well

If this post is puzzling to you, it is to me also.  I don't understand why my heart works this way or if anyone else's heart works this way.  I guess I'll find out when you do or do not comment below :)

7 comments:

erin m. cressman said...

kell - i totally feel that way, too :D

i definitely feel like you're sorta on that list for me as well - although we used to be able to spend a lot of time together as kids, we grew up and grew into different interest (and now different states!) but i still cherish your friendship. i love reading your blog, it's always a reminder to me that God loves me and he shows that by putting people like you in my life :D it's not strange at all! love ya! -e

Donald said...

I can relate... I have a few of those people in my life as well!

Johnpaul said...

I hear ya...some people just give a good vibe right away...like something about them just resonates well.

Nathan said...

I totally can relate, old timers used to call these people kindred spirits. I can think of a handful of people that have this place in my life, that's part of the reason I'm reading this post in the first place! :)

Randall Johnson said...

This is not strange to me anymore. I have come to see that God has many possible relationships for us to enjoy and even the ones that are momentary now may have eternal future opportunities to blossom. Isn't relationship a wonderful gift from God?

Kelly Dawson said...

Are you talking about me? :-)

Cathy said...

I have a few of those. I think they think I am weird when I am strangely excited to see or hear from them when we don't really communicate all that much. Oh well, at least I know I'm not the only one! :)