1.19.2010

Milestones: Allie's Half Birthday

Allie Grace turned 6 months old yesterday. I know, it seems like she just got here. I took her for her check up today, and, no surprise, she is perfect! She weighed in at 16 pounds, 8 ounces, which is 70th percentile, and was 26.5 inches long, putting her in the 80th percentile. And she has a big head. At least that's what the doctor says every time I take either child for a check up. Then he reinforces that a big head is a good thing. I think it depends on who you ask... Pediatricians like big heads because it means there is a growing brain under there. Moms hate big heads because it means episiotomies or c-sections. I know, too much information.

Anyway, I never think of Allie as being above average when it comes to her size. I always feel like she is petite. Her friends seem bigger than her, they seem to eat more than her, and her sister was a lot bigger than her at this age (try 18 lbs, 27 inches long, 95th percentile).

She's sitting up (with support), rolling over (one way), and two teeth are ALMOST ready to poke through. She's a beautiful, curious, babbling girl, and I've enjoyed having Allie in our family the past 6 months (really, she's been in our family for about 16 months, but that's a whole different subject), and I look forward to watching her grow and develop over the next 6 months.

4 comments:

Mrs. McGoo said...

Happy 1/2 birthday Allie Grace! :)

Adorable photo you added to this post, good stuff!!!!

Sheila said...

And she looks just like her Daddy!

Angi Pasqualis said...

I was just telling Elian on Sunday how much bigger she looked! I am glad the check up went well!
Did the doctor tell you she is awfully cute?! If not, he's blind

Mrs. McGoo said...

1/2 year from now Allie will turn 1.... here's an idea:

http://greygreydesigns.blogspot.com/2010/01/its-trade.html