7.14.2009

38 Weeks

If you count today, I have 12 days until Allie is due. I think Lexi really understands there is a live baby in there, and that baby is going to come out (which shows she has more of a grip on reality than I do, at times). For Lexi's first birthday, my friend, Heather, made a photo book of Lexi's first year. Lexi LOVES looking at this book, and it has really helped her understand that she used to be in my belly, and then she came out to play and grow.

For the past couple of weeks, Lexi and I have been discussing my belly (and the baby within). I ask her everyday, "Do you think Allie is going to come out today?" My little eternal optimist always says yes. The other day our conversation went like this:
Me: Do you think Allie is going to come out today?
Lexi: Yes - I get her out for you.
Me: How are you going to do that?
Lexi: Like this! (She begins pulling on my protruding belly button and grunting as if she were rearranging furniture)
Me: I don't think that's going to work.
Lexi: Oh...You get Allie out.
Me: I can't - God decides when the baby is going to come out.
Lexi: (Wheels turning)
Me: We can ask God to make Allie come out.
Lexi: Where Dod?
Me: He's in Heaven, but we can talk to him - that's what we do when we pray.
Lexi: (Looks straight up at the ceiling, cups hands around her mouth) DOD! DOD! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
Me: What do you want to say to God?
Lexi: Make baby Allie come out!

6 comments:

The Finneys said...

How delighted God must have been to hear Lexi call his name...and to see His Kelly teaching her young daughter to pray. Absolutely precious.

Mrs. McGoo said...

Love it!!!! ;)
So awesome to slowly teach your little one how God is a true factor and being in our lives that makes a difference. That's great.

Nicole said...

How sweet!!!

Alisha said...

that's so cute. we have lots of those conversations. well, not about babies coming out obviously, but about God. the things kids say are so innocent and sweet.

Janell said...

too cute! I told Liam the other day that God lives in heaven and he thought for a minute and said "God lives in the OVEN??" So confusing to explain God to a 2 year old!! Love there innocent minds!

Unknown said...

love this!!